Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Summer Ending and Fall Beginnings...

“There are better things ahead than any we leave behind.”
by C.S Lewis

I can't believe that the end of summer is at our front door. It has been an eventful one and I must admit, I am sad to see it end... My Family and I have really had so much fun together, we spent most of our time at the beach with relatives and friends. It's always hard to say goodbye to those you love, and good times that have been had. The times that you spend with your family are precious moments. They can never be duplicated or relived. I think about how fast they have grown and will someday be going to college and I wonder how did we get here so fast. They were just babies. I feel very blessed to have three healthy girls who are such good role models, at least in my mind they are. Of course they all have their moments, but for the most part they are caring good hearted kids with very good heads on their shoulders. When we are young, we are so carefree and view the world through rose colored glasses....I wish for them that it will always be this way, but of course we know that it doesn't always stay golden...It thrills me to listen to their views on various subjects, knowing that they have not been tarnished by the outside world yet. Childhood should be just that...A CHILDHOOD. It is unfortunate that so many are robbed of their right of passage, being young and enjoying what all life has to offer...
One of my favorite quotes by Robert Frost always helps me realize that we must all take time to enjoy of our lives and the lives of our children, because CHILDHOOD is gone in a blink of an eye so remember....
NOTHING GOLD CAN STAY
Nature's first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to greif,
So dawn goes to day.
Nothing Gold can stay.
And Remember, As Always, Be Sweet...
Dori Lowry

No comments:

Post a Comment